Ann Mullinix, OTR/L
Integrative Occupational Therapy, Health & Well Being Coach
Phone: (612) 859-7709, ext. 111
Fax: (612) 326-1974
If you are interested in my services, please contact me via email or phone to schedule an appointment or for a free 15 minute phone consultation to determine if occupational therapy or health coaching is the healing path for you.
More About Ann:
Integrative Occupational Therapy Services
My Unique Offering:
I blend my 28 years of rehabilitation experience as an occupational therapist with integrative health coaching techniques, tools, and evidence-based change approaches, in Bhakti’s unique complementary therapies setting, to empower people to make positive changes to care for themselves in ways that lead to improved participation in roles, quality of life, and well-being. Experiencing an unexpected change in health, whether from an injury, illness, or clinical condition, disrupts how a person can participate in daily life. I am passionate to partner with clients in finding authentic solutions to re-engage in the roles and activities that mean the most to them.
My services are different because I treat the whole person, not just the symptom, and connect clients to their innate healing capabilities using evidence-based practices, including integrative therapy resources. The setting is personable, welcoming, calm, and healing. I empower clients to be well-informed, positive self-managers of their health and well-being. I am a dedicated, caring, energetic, curious, and creative person who believes everyone has the right to be well and find healing among any health challenge or in any stage of life.
Who Can Benefit from Occupational Therapy:
Anyone experiencing a health challenge that is limiting participation in life roles. Most often, a person is referred by his/her physician in order to have insurance coverage (Note: I am an accredited Medicare provider).
Health & Wellness Coaching Services
My Unique Offering:
I blend my occupational therapy background with health coaching, a new healthcare profession, to partner with clients to empower them to make the positive changes they are seeking to live well with greater vitality, resilience, and gratitude. I support, encourage, help hold accountable, and guide clients into creating individualized wellness plans to achieve their health goals. I am interested in helping clients improve lifestyle habits, manage stress, release unhealthy belief systems, and connect to evidence-based integrative practices. Health coaching is client-centered, holistic, solution focused, short term, and believes the client is the expert of his/her health. Health coaching is not to replace but complement a person’s current medical care for a comprehensive approach to optimize health and well-being.
Who Can Benefit from Health Coaching:
Anyone who is willing to grow and take action in bettering their health. Health coaching is for people who have identified a gap between where they are now and where they want to be with their health, and are interested in improving their quality of life through knowing more about resources, tools, and approaches. Sometimes we get stuck and making desired changes is hard. Health coaching is the catalyst to propel a person forward to reach one’s vision for health and well-being.
- Master of Arts (in progress), Integrative Health & Wellness Coaching,
University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Science, Occupational Therapy
- Minnesota licensed, nationally registered in occupational therapy
- Qualified to sit for the first national board examination for health & wellness coaching credentialing, September, 2017
- I have 28 years of professional occupational therapy experience working with adults.
- Specialized working with neurological impairments, chronic conditions, and orthopedic injury
- Created & implemented speciality programs, workshops, & webinars in the areas of cognition, visual perception, fatigue, living well with a chronic disease, & mindfulness to name a few
- Current consultant for CAN DO MS located in Colorado
- Co-authored book, The Can Do MS Guide to Lifestyle Empowerment, published 2013.
- An integral understanding of whole person care